Re: [Alsa-user] hda-intel on Thinkpad T60p fails to load with unable to handle kernel paging request

[alsa-users is not appropriate place for reporting Oops.
 Moved to alsa-devel now.]

At Tue, 26 Sep 2006 21:43:26 +0200,
Eivind Tagseth wrote:

> Eivind Tagseth wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > I've been having problems getting sound working before (as seen in issue
> > 2072), but I managed to get around that issue, but doing a
> > load-unload-load of the modules before using them.
> >
> > But after upgrading to linux kernel 2.6.18 and updating to the latest
> > version from the hg repository, I cannot get the module to load at all.
> >
> > I get the following in my logs:
> >
> > Sep 26 09:09:10 [kernel] BUG: unable to handle kernel paging request at
> > virtual address 07400041
>
> Scratch that, this happened while loading snd-timer, not snd-hda-intel!
>   Sorry.

Could you elaborate the step how to reproduce it?

> I managed to get around that (either by adding seq-rtctimer-default, or
> just by updating and rebuilding), and I can now get sound working again.

And what was exaclty the workaround you did?

It looks like a nasty bug that should be fixed.

thanks,

Takashi