Alsa driver data transfer problem: the MSB is changed to 1

Hello All,

I am desiging a TI sound card driver on my ARM board using Linux 2.6.18.

The ARM SOC uses IIS and IIC to control this soud codec chip.

I found a stranger problem reltaed to the sound PCM data: The data transfered by DMA is different from the data I write to the sound device!

If I perform this command:

cat test.txt > /dev/dsp

using the printk to trace the data flow, I found the snd_pcm_oss_write function write all the data in test.txt to
substream->runtime->oss.buffer. However, In the snd_pcm_plug_write_transfer function, the channel changes and the data is different:

original data(text.txt):
[00]=30
[01]=31
[02]=32
[03]=33
[04]=34
[05]=35
[06]=36
[07]=37
[08]=38
[09]=39
[10]=0a

The modified data:
[00]=00
[01]=b0
[02]=00
[03]=b0
[04]=00
[05]=b1
[06]=00
[07]=b1
[08]=00
[09]=b2
[10]=00
[11]=b2
[12]=00
[13]=b3
[14]=00
[15]=b3

It seems that all the 8th bit are changed to 1. I am not sure if it is correct.

Thank you!

Tyler Li