Re: "Unable to handle kernel paging request" panic in snd-usb-audio on x86_64

At Fri, 22 Sep 2006 11:48:50 +0100,
Luke Ross wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Thu, Sep 21, 2006 at 08:42:24PM +0200, Takashi Iwai wrote:
> > At Wed, 20 Sep 2006 23:51:28 +0100,
> > Luke Ross wrote:
> > >
> > > Last month I submitted a patch adding support for non-standard sample
> > > rates to the snd-usb-audio driver [1], which was added to the ALSA GIT
> > > tree.
> > >
> > > This works fine with 2.6.16 on i386 on one of my machines, but causes a
> > > kernel panic on opening the sound device on my other machine (dual AMD
> > > Opterton with x86_64 kernel).
> >
> > Try to build with debug option.  Maybe it comes from OSS emulation?
> >
> > Or are you using dmix?
>
> At the moment I'm using neither. I'm using an alsa-enabled mpg123:
>
> mpg123 -a hw:1,0 sound.mp3

Is there any other known program to cause this?
Also, does it happen with the very first time you use the sound
driver, too?

I still couldn't find a proper way to reproduce this bug...

Takashi