Resent: [RFC] More power-saving for HD-audio driver

Hi,

[resent due to a size limit - now the patch gzipped and attached]

the patch below is an experimental patch to achieve more aggressive
power-saving on HD-audio.  With the patch, the device is disabled
after a certain timeout when no apps are using the PCM and no loopback
channels are being used.  (According to Pavel Machek, sound chips
consume significant powers.)

For some reasons, the patch is a bit intrusive and touches many
places.  But the change is pretty straightforward: add power-up/down
calls in appropriate place (e.g. mixer changes, PCM open/close).

For the power-up/down control, a damn simple way is chosen in this
version.  The driver does basically a same job like suspend/resume.
We can tune up this later if the perfomance matters.

The default timeout value is 30 seconds.  This is adjustable via
power_save module option of snd-hda-intel driver.  You can change this
value dynamically via writing to
/sys/modules/snd_hda_intel/parameters/power_save.  The value changed
isn't propagated immediately, and you have to do something (like
change a mixer value or open/close PCM) to activate the new value,
though.

Note that my plan is to push this after ALSA 1.0.13-final is released.
Thus it's a material for 2.6.20 kernel...  yes, we have still a lot of
time for debugging.

BTW, a similar patch for intel8x0 driver is on my queue.  If you're
interested in it, let me know.  It's still buggy, so I have to debug
it first :)

Takashi