Re: Timer.c does not compile?

http://www.alsa-project.org/alsa-doc/alsa-lib/_2test_2timer_8c-example.html

> and I suppose it is related to what I need to do.
>
> So I tried to compile it, but I get an error, it
seem
> to me, the
> compiler can't find the
> "snd_async_add_timer_handler"..
> The output:
>
> dhcp78:~# gcc -Wall -lasound test_timer.c -o
> test_timer
> test_timer.c: In function `async_callback':
> test_timer.c:60: warning: implicit declaration of
> function
> `snd_async_handler_get_timer'
> test_timer.c:60: warning: initialization makes
pointer
> from integer
> without a cast
> test_timer.c: In function `main':
> test_timer.c:171: warning: implicit declaration of
> function
> `snd_async_add_timer_handler'
> /tmp/ccw926SP.o(.text 0x285): In function
> `async_callback':
> : undefined reference to
`snd_async_handler_get_timer'
> /tmp/ccw926SP.o(.text 0x9e3): In function `main':
> : undefined reference to
`snd_async_add_timer_handler'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> dhcp78:~#
>

> I tried to perform a grep into Alsa source code but
> did not found the
> function "snd_async_add_timer_handler"...
>
> Can someone help me...it is not trivial try to look
> into Alsa code for a
> newb like me..
>
> Thanks a lot
> Agata

protection around
> http://mail.yahoo.com

> Join SourceForge.net's Techsay panel and you'll get
the chance to share your
> opinions on IT & business topics through brief
surveys -- and earn cash

I have just found the solution.. and was very
trivial....I'm sorry to
have bored you :)

I would like to write this suggestions just for other
newbs like me!
If interested read below, otherwise stop read. :)

As you can see in the example
http://www.alsa-project.org/alsa-doc/alsa-lib/_2test_2timer_8c-example.html

the include directives are:

#include <stdio.h>
#include <stdlib.h>
#include <string.h>
#include <sys/time.h>
#include "../include/asoundlib.h"

The solutions was just to specify all the path to the
"asoundlib.h"...
in my case:

#include "/usr/include/alsa/asoundlib.h"

and it compile without errors...

Bye
Agata

http://mail.yahoo.com