Re: snd-hda-intel - 5.1 speakers problem

"Vishwanath T. K." <vishytk@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

>> Hi All,

Hi

> I have had this problem for quite a while and could not get any solution so
> far. I have tried all possible options mentioned in the
> ALSA-configuration.txt and various suggestions from the mailing list but
> without any luck, hence finally decided to post the problem here.
>
> Problem:
> I am unable to get all (5.1) the speakers working. I get the sound only in
> four speakers connected to Line Out and Microphone jacks. Speakers connected
> to Line In jack outputs noise instead of the intended sound. This noise
> dissapears the moment the pin from this jack is removed.

I may be wrong but it may be a wrong configuration of the outputs. I
made a patch some time ago for that but I've never been able to test it
on other configuration than 2 channels output. In fact, I only
remembered of this patch when reading your mail :(

I'm not sure it's still applying on current version of the
patch_analog.c file but you may be interested in looking at it:

http://people.mandriva.com/~apatard/ad1986a_2channel_mode_fix.patch

If you can also test it in 4 channel mode, this would be nice. In the
case of all is working, one could ask to merge the patch :)

Regards,
Arnaud