Re: hg configure no soundcard all

Hi Takashi,

thanks for your response!

I tried a fresh hg checkout and ran the hgcompile script, which has
problems finding the alsa-kernel directory as follows:

files are in:
/alsa_hg2/alsa-driver
/alsa_hg2/alsa-kernel

i set the ALSAKERNELDIR to
ALSAKERNELDIR=/usr/local/src/alsa_hg2/alsa-kernel

and run
./hgcompile

getting:
No alsa-kernel is found.
Please specify the correct location via ALSAKERNELDIR environment
variable.

manually running the steps explained in the INSTALL file gets the same
problem as there is at
make ALSAKERNELDIR=/usr/local/src/alsa_hg2/alsa-kernel all-deps:
find: /usr/local/src/alsa_hg2/alsa-driver/alsa-kernel/: No such file or
directory

so there seems to be an offset in the directory structure which i did
wrong, as the ALSAKERNELDIR is not the path of the 'alsa-kernel'
directory. but the directory that very 'alsa-kernel' directory lives in.

So a very simple misunderstanding at my side of the keyboard.

Did succeed using the ftp snapshots though, so my system is happily
playing audio now.

Conclusion: some misunderstanding the exact location the ALSAKERNELDIR
variable should point at

Thanks again for the help!

Peter

* Takashi Iwai <tiwai@xxxxxxx> [2006-09-07 11:23]: