Re: question about sampling rate

Hi Clemens,

What do you mean when you said Windows had converted it to 48000 Hz, you mean the audio data itself is converted or just the sampling rate factor in the computation.

When I took a CATC trace using ALSA version, it is also using a fixed 176 bytes / packet, I am missing something here?  I hope you can help me sort out my confusion.

Thanks & Best regards,

Grace

On 8/31/06, Clemens Ladisch <cladisch@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Grace Baldonasa wrote:
> I am dividing the buffer size into 20 ms, in the given example, I am
> sending 176 bytes / packet.

This would correspond to a sample rate of 44000 Hz.

You cannot use a constant number of bytes per packet at 44100 Hz.

> I have here another scenario and I hope you can give me some idea again.
> I have converted a song using this configuration:
> sampling rate = 32000
> bit resolution = 16
> channel = stereo
> after this computation (32000*16*2) * 2 -> 128/packet
>
> I used a speaker which is supporting a minimum frequency of 44100  and
> maximum of 48000. How can I adjust my streaming size now that the streaming
> configuration far below than the minimum supported by the speaker.

See section 5.12 of the USB 2.0 specification.

> I attached this speaker in windows and then played the converted file, it
> is sending 192bytes/packet, and the total bytes transffered had almost
> trippled the original size of the converted file.

Apparently, Windows has converted the data to 48 kHz.

Regards,
Clemens