Re: hda-intel "nobody cared"

Lee Revell <rlrevell@xxxxxxxxxxx> uttered the following thing:
> On Wed, 2006-08-16 at 21:57 +0200, Ben B wrote:
> > I've been trying to get pesky suspend/resume working on an HP NC6400
> > notebook, and have got almost everything worked out except for audio
> > resume, which is not quite right.
> >
> By DSP do you literally mean /dev/dsp (aka ALSA's OSS emulation), or do
> you mean any process that uses an audio device?  ALSA does not
> use /dev/dsp.

By DSP I mean something that plays audio (eg as opposed to mixer or
midi devices) via ALSA.

> Is there any difference in behavior if you configure your apps to use
> OSS vs. ALSA?

I just had more of a poke around and it seems I'm only getting this
problem when artsd is running under KDE. Artsd is configured to use
ALSA, as so:

  artsd -F 10 -S 4096 -a alsa -d -s 30 -m artsmessage -c drkonqui -l -f

If I kill artsd and then suspend whilst audio is playing via another app,
in this case ogg123, both with OSS and ALSA output devices configured,
I don't get the problem.

Perhaps this could go to the arts people, but I think if I'm seeing a
kernel problem, then this should be dealt with in the kernel drivers.

Ben