Re: GPIO on envy24ht M-Audio 192

At Wed, 02 Aug 2006 12:33:40 -0400,
Cruise X Overide wrote:

> On Wed, 2006-08-02 at 18:30 +0200, Takashi Iwai wrote:
> > At Tue, 01 Aug 2006 13:45:36 -0400,
> > Cruise X Overide wrote:

> > > after looking at the juli.c, raymond has explained to me the meaning of
> > > the values under the /* GPIO Pins */
> > >

> > > #define GPIO_ANAIN_MONITOR      (1<<13)
> > >
> > > i wanted to know wat the 13 means, and ray said it was the gpio pin.
> > > where do i find a table of gpio description (eg. AMAIN_MONITOR) and
> > > available definitions on the vt1724.
> >
> > The GPIO pin assignment is the board specific implementation, so it's
> > nowhere described in VT1724 database, of course.  (If you have a
> > board, you can even trace the connection with loupe :)
> >

> > Takashi
>
> im completely new to driver development.
> how do i tell my (/linux/sound/pci/ice1712/ap192k.c) driver which gpio
> pins connect to wat? i have all the wiring from ak4385 and ak4114 to the
> envy24ht, as well as the data sheets, can someone point me in the
> direction i have to take to get this driver working? and please for god
> sake dont tell me to go and read, if u know the answer, dont be shy,

One of the following ways:

1. Get a datasheet of your board (not vt1724) from the hardware
   vendor.  There must be a diagram or a table of pin connection
   there.

2. Look close the board design and trace the pin connections between
   vt1724 and codec chips.  The pin numbers are found in datasheet of
   vt1724 and each codec chip.

3. Trial-and-error the different pin numbers, assuming that the board
   is almost compatible with other models.

But, before going there, you have to know what kind of data transfer
is used - whether the normal i2c connection (via snd_vt1724_write_i2c)
or over own transfer protocol with GPIO.  In the latter case, then
you'd need to know which transfer mode, SPI or I2C, and whether
CIF-mode is not, etc.

So, it's basically not how well you are skilled about driver
programming but how well you know about the board implementation.

Takashi