sound driver for "network" sound card

I write some network application(it shall not only form sound packets, but something yet) for network (sound) device and i nessesary playing sound over it. For playing sound i shall send special network packets to device.

It  look :

usual sound application(alsa-lib functions)
\/
/dev/snd/dsp1 (alsa-driver)
\/
network application (special functions for sending sound over net)

So i see some solution for this problem:
1) Sound driver create new file of device "/dev/snd/snd_net1" and application-agent  read  data from "/dev/snd/snd_net1" and send to network special packets for device.
2) I add new ioctl to alsa driver (it is ideological right?) and recive data over ioctl and send to network special packets for device.
3) Into alsa driver i make special network packtes and send it to network sound device.

What solution is optimal?