[ALSA - driver 0002309]: No matter what I try, I cannot get sound from the machine on Linux

The following issue has been SUBMITTED.
<https://bugtrack.alsa-project.org/alsa-bug/view.php?id=2309>
Reported By:                ronware
Assigned To:                tiwai
Project:                    ALSA - driver
Issue ID:                   2309
Category:                   PCI - hda-intel
Reproducibility:            always
Severity:                   major