Re: Intervideo patches

At Wed, 28 Jun 2006 12:34:55 -0400,
Lee Revell wrote:

> On Wed, 2006-06-28 at 18:31 +0200, Takashi Iwai wrote:
> > At Wed, 28 Jun 2006 12:10:34 -0400,
> > Lee Revell wrote:
> > >
> > > Has anyone familiar with HDA intel stuff had a chance to look at this
> > > patch from Intervideo, from bug #2035?
> > >
> > > https://bugtrack.alsa-project.org/alsa-bug/file_download.php?file_id=1307&type=bug
> > >
> > > It's old (against 1.0.9b) and huge (30K lines of patch) but allegedly it
> > > gets sound working on many HDA intel codecs that currently don't work.
> > >
> > > (It's really unfortunate that these vendors fork ALSA every time
> > > something does not work, rather than posting patches...)
> >
> > Don't ask me, as I have no time to work on this at all.
> >

> Heh, I figured this might be the case ;-)
>
> > The changes in hda_codec.c is too ugly to merge, but the changes in
> > patch_realtek.c is almost systematic and realtively easy to port.
>
> Maybe I'll get a chance to work on it.  I have no such hardware though,
> and the patch does not say what the changes do...

OK, the football fever is over and the busy conference week is over,
too, and now I finally managed to port missing pieces there.  Most of
stuff had been already in HG version, so just one Arima model was
missing.

There are some cosmetic differences between that and HG version, but
it should be no harm.

The hunk in hda_codec.c shouldn't be ported.  According to Realtek
guys, it's just for intervideo, and no generic need.

I also added the model type string for every model.  If someone has a
device that still doesn't work and some new models are found for its
codec chip (ALCxxx), give it a try.

Takashi