Question about kernel timers

I am writing a driver in which every time some event occurs, two
single-shot timers must be scheduled.  This event could happen many
times per second so many of these timers can be pending at once.  Can
someone point me to an example of a driver that does something like
this?

All the ALSA drivers I can find that use timers have a single periodic
timer and use a struct timer_list in the card record.  However I think
this is not an option for me, as I must create new timers on the fly.

I've found that the kernel Oopses if you allocate a timer on the stack,
so I use kmalloc().  It seems to work, but leaks memory, as there's no
opportunity to free() all the timer_lists I'm creating on the fly.

Can I do this with a single struct timer_list?  Is it possible to
schedule multiple timers using add_timer() then changing the parameters
and add_timer() again?

It seems that this should be documented somewhere but it's not - LDD3
was no help.  All the examples were very simplistic.

Lee