Re: Alsa-OSS so-called 'Duplex-bug'

On Tuesday 20 June 2006 10:56, you wrote:
> At Mon, 19 Jun 2006 22:12:57 +0100,
>
> Alan Horstmann wrote:
> > Another alternative would be for ALSA to create at least two devices, one
> > for all playback channels, the other for all capture, eg /dsp0 and /adsp0
> > or something else.  It would then be more like the raws OSS in its
> > behaviour. That would also solve the problems here.  Obviously a full
> > implementation as per attached description would also be fine!
>
> It's easy over aoss.  Having the following
>
> 	pcm.dsp0 {
> 		type asym
> 		playback.pcm "plughw"
> 	}
>
> 	pcm.dsp1 {
> 		type asym
> 		capture.pcm "plughw"
> 	}
>
> would give you /dev/dsp0 for playback and /dev/dsp1 for capture.
> You can replace "plughw" whatever you like, of course.

I'm not very familiar with these conf files, and have tried for hours to get
this to work.  However, at best
	aoss audacity
results in
	ALSA lib pcm_asym.c:106:(_snd_pcm_asym_open) playback slave is not defined
	ALSA lib pcm_asym.c:106:(_snd_pcm_asym_open) capture slave is not defined

Have I missed other bits?

Also, won't using aoss introduce a performance hit?

Regards   Alan