Re: Question about rawmidi input trigger

At Wed, 28 Jun 2006 14:06:59 -0400,
Lee Revell wrote:

> I'm writing a MIDI driver for hardware that is not available yet, so for
> now I'm just doing simulation.  To simulate MIDI input I just use a
> timer that calls snd_rawmidi_receive(substream_input, &dummy_data, 1).
>
> Is it normal for the MIDI input trigger callback to be called over and
> over in a loop when I run "arecordmidi"?  Or should it only be called
> once, when the stream is opened?

It's normal.  The driver should remember that the device was already
triggered and just ignore the succeeding trigger call or do some
useful thing (for example, mpu401_uart peeks the input FIFO for
hardwares that don't support proper input irq).

Takashi