Re: [ALSA - driver 0002219]: snd-mpu401 don't load

Lee Revell wrote:

>>>  rlrevell - 06-21-06 00:18
>>> It must be a kernel bug if the port does not appear in /proc/ioports.

>> Lee, please note that legacy (ISA/LPC, even PnP/ACPI controlled) hw does
>> not ever appear in /proc/ioports without the driver loaded and having
>> done a request_region().
>>
>> By the way, the missing IRQ is not necesarily a problem. An MPU401 can
>> output MIDI fine without using an IRQ and if his BIOS does not let him
>> assign an IRQ (and Windows does not use one) I guess no IRQ is available
>> for it.
>
> So where's the bug?

Dunno -- but the snd-mpu401 thing is irrelevant; he said snd-mpu401-uart
_was_ being loaded, and it should then just take care of the port. As to
why it's not doing so...

Maybe it's under an unknown PnP ID and not being enabled or something
like that. Dunno again.

Rene.