USB sound card driver - Line6 Toneport UX1

Hello again,
I've done some work on the driver in my spare time, implementing DMA and cleaning the code.
What I'd like to know now is this: where do I actually have to submit urbs? In which callback? I tried to do this in the pointer callback, since it's the only callback which is called constantly in time, but it was a bad idea since the data changed everytime. (I mean that the dma_area pointed to different data even in the same position at different calls).
So... how should this be done?
Thanks!