Re: [RFC 4/7] snd-aoa: add codecs

> > > The put callback is supposed to return 0 if the values are unchanged
> > > (although most apps ignore the return value).
> >
> > Does it have to? This way there's an event, but...
>
> Yes, in principle.  As mentioned, it works even without the check,
> though.

Hmm. I thought it worked like this:
 0    -> no change
 1    -> change applied, and other apps are notified, 0 returned to the app
-err  -> error returned to app

Is that wrong?

> Well, I meant the position of asterisk to follow the conventional C
> coding style.  Of course it should be static.

Ah. Yeah, I'll see to that and probably just Lindent the files (cleaning
up after it...)

> The driver should give up the initialization and fail to load.
> Usually the error from snd_ctl_add() is critical, either no memory or
> a duplicated control element is found.

Hmm, that's a bit hard to do since the driver here consists of more than
one module, but I suppose I can do something about it.

johannes