Re: dB gain

At Sat, 27 May 2006 20:03:44 +0100,
James Courtier-Dutton wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have made a new attempt at adding support for dB gain reports in
> alsamixer.
>
> See the attached diffs against the current alsa hg repository. 27-5-2006
>
> It shows an example of support for the snd-ca0106 driver.
> As one can see, this adds minimal amounts of code to each sound card
> driver. 22 new lines + 1 per volume control making 33 lines total.
>
> Any comments?

Apart from some small implementation details, it looks almost fine.
One remaining thing is the definition of protocol.  Shouldn't be numid
regardless of container type?  Now the numid is checked inside the
block of db container type.  I think this can be outside.

Also, a bit more sensible names are preferred for new stuff.
"misc" sounds too ambiguous to me, and "info2" is...

I'm not a native speaker, so I expect someone elese has better
proposal.

Takashi