OT: Night Before Christmas (at PHL) - MERRY CHRSITMAS !

'Twas the night before Christmas, when all through PHL

Not a Heavy was stirring, not even DHL;

The spotters were waiting on Hog Island with care,

In hopes that a 747 soon would be there;

The camera's were ready and batteries not dead,

With visions of cargo arrivals, but U.S Airways instead;

And Dash 8's on 35 and CRJ's on 27,

Even an MD-11 would put the spotters in Heaven ,

When out on the tramac there arose such a clatter,

We sprang from our cars to see what was the matter.

Away to Departures we flew like a flash,

A DC-3 was taxiing and we all made a mad dash.

The sun on the breast of the new-fallen snow

Gave the lustre on the fuselage to the wings below,

When, what to my wondering eyes should appear,

But a UPS 747 and a MASCargo were near,

With the flights getting closer and soon over ditch,

We knew in a moment these flights were not a glitch.

More rapid than American Eagle the flights they came,

And the engines whistled as we called the airlines by name

"Heres, FedEx! now Kalitta, now UPS and National!

And Polar and Cargolux! and Atlas and DHL!

To the arrivals on Hog island, after hearing the ATC call

Now dash away! dash away! dash away all!"

As dry leaves fall from wake turbulance fly,

Caused by a 767 landing from the sky,

So up to the arrival end the spotters they flew,

With their cars full of cameras, and binoculars too.

And then, in a twinkling, I heard on the scanner

DHL asking for Clearance from that's days planner.

As I drew in my head, and was turning around,

A biz jet had just landed and was contacting ground..

It was yellow and blue with a foreign call

I was mad at myself for not seeing it at all

A bundle of lens we had flung in our packs,

Was weighing us down and straining our backs

The sun glare how it twinkled! And the sky so blue & merry

With clouds on the horizon, c'mon 747 please hurry

Our cold feet standing in new fallen snow,

If the cargo rush doesn't start, I fear we'll all go.

The cameras were still around our necks

and we're tired of hearing pilot wind checks.

I had a cold face and hungry belly

'Cause some spotter stole my last peanut butter & jelly

He was chubby and plump, and licking his fingers

And he laughed when he saw me, as my hunger still lingers.

But a snap of his shutter and a twist of his zoom,

Soon gave me to know the heavies now loom.

He spoke not a word, but took hundreds of shots.,

And filled his memory cards; filled with sensor dust dots.

And laying his camera aside for a bit,

He missed a 747 and went into a fit.

He sprang to his car, to the spotters he gave a shout,

Away they all went home; and taking the same rout.

But I heard them exclaim, as they drove out of sight,

"Happy Spotting to all, and to all a good-night."

If you wish to unsubscribe from the AIRLINE List, please send an E-mail to:
"listserv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx".  Within the body of the text, only write the following:"SIGNOFF AIRLINE".