ZQ set to expand local flight schedules

http://www.somerset-kentucky.com/archivesearch/local_story_118212955.html

Published: April 28, 2009 09:28 pm
Locair set to expand local flight schedules
By CHRIS HARRIS, CJ Staff Writer
Commonwealth Journal

Somerset =97 When commercial air travel out of Lake Cumberland Regional
Airport began last December, you could hop a plane to Nashville, and
talk was that Cincinnati might soon become another option.

It has, and carrier Locair has done local customers one better =97
non-stop flights to Washington D.C.

Beginning soon, Locair will be providing scheduled flights to the
nation=92s capital and the =93Queen City=94 of Ohio along with the Music
City. Like Nashville has done all along, Cincinnati and Washington
D.C. will serve as hubs for local travelers =97 you can continue on to
any other destination you like from those locations. You can also
catch a flight to Somerset from those airports.

Service to Cincinnati will begin Thursday, May 21, with reservations
for Mondays, Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays. Passengers can go to
D.C. starting Monday, June 8 on Mondays and Fridays. Flights to
Cincinnati last approximately 45 minutes; flights to Washington will
be about 80 minutes long.

In Washington, travelers will be arriving and departing from Dulles
International Airport. Nate Vallier, general manager of Locair, Inc.,
said that the company would like to look at utilizing Ronald Reagan
National Airport there in D.C. at some point in the future as well,
=93but we=92ll wait and see how we do at Dulles.=94

Don=92t think that trips inside the Beltway have much to do with the
influence of Somerset=92s own Congressman Harold =93Hal=94 Rogers. =93When =
we
told Chris (Girdler, Rogers=92 local field representative), his eyes got
really big,=94 said Vallier. =93They were surprised. ... (Rogers) really
had no bearing on that decision.=94

Instead, it was because of local businesses which Locair surveyed
saying they made regular trips to Washington. Attention paid to the
needs of those in the community was the driving factor behind Locair=92s
flight schedule, Vallier suggested.

=93Our goal is to serve the public need,=94 said Vallier. =93We=92re please=
that we will be able to coordinate equipment and personnel to address
the community=92s expectations and need for additional efficient air
passenger service to and from the requested destinations.=94

Rogers, for his part, is pleased with the news. =93These new services
pave the way for new economic development, more jobs and greater
tourism in the Lake Cumberland region,=94 said the congressman. =93In
these challenging economic times, I am delighted to see growth and
increased development throughout the region. Locair=92s work to provide
more options and opportunities for the community is appreciated and I
look forward to their continued success.=94

Other local officials had equally positive things to say about the
airport=92s expanded coverage. =93Cincinnati is a large market for our
Lake Cumberland area,=94 said Carolyn Mounce, Executive Director of the
Somerset-Pulaski Convention and Visitors Bureau. =93I view air service
to and from Cincinnati as a great asset for our area. ... I view this
as a great day for Somerset and Pulaski County.=94

Somerset Mayor Eddie Girdler expressed appreciation to Locair for
continuing to make a new regional industry through aviation. =93Locair=92s
expansion reflects a good working partnership and commitment to the
future economic growth of Somerset.=94

Agreed Vallier, =93We expect the additional destinations to be
beneficial to the region=92s economic potentials as well as additional
convenience to the traveling public. We have been experiencing an
increase in demand for Nashville air service and as a result we have
been listened to the community, residents, and businesses regarding
their needs for additional availability in air service from Lake
Cumberland Regional Airport in Somerset.=94

Added Michael Lochmueller, CEO of Locair, =93This is a great opportunity
for us to evaluate the best markets for Somerset. By providing
additional available flight options, we can expand the air
transportation opportunities for visitors, businesses, and those
living in southeast Kentucky desiring to travel into or out of the
area by air.=94

Visit www.locair.net for more information, including flight booking
and ticket pricing.

If you wish to unsubscribe from the AIRLINE List, please send an E-mail to:
"listserv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx".  Within the body of the text, only write the following:"SIGNOFF AIRLINE".