Flights Canceled at DEN

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/weather/19019058/detail.html?treets=den&tml=den_break&ts=T&tmi=den_break_1_09380103262009#-

Flights Canceled Out Of DIA
Hundreds Of Flights Impacted By Blizzard

POSTED: 8:23 am MDT March 26, 2009
UPDATED: 10:30 am MDT March 26, 2009

DENVER -- United, Southwest and Frontier have started canceling
flights out of Denver International Airport because of the blizzard.

The number of flights cancelled out of DIA is expected to be in the hundreds.

United Airlines has canceled at least 100 flights.

"These are proactive cancellations. It is in our interest not to have
customers going to the airport to wait it out and find out whether or
not flights have been canceled," said Rahsaan Johnson, United Airlines
spokesman.

United is waiving rebooking/change fees for customers who bought
tickets for travel Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. Travelers can
rebook their flight without cancellation fess.

These are for flights to Denver, from Denver, or through Denver.

"We're telling them, 'We know your flights is not going to go, so just
stay home,'" Johnson said.

United and United Express has 400 departures out of DIA, on average
for Thursday.

Southwest Airlines and Frontier have also cancelled flights that
depart after 11 a.m.

"We have made the decision to discontinue operating from 11 a.m. to 5
p.m. This means we will not be flying in and out of Denver between
these times," said Southwest Airlines spokesman Chris Mainz.

Southwest said it has cancelled 82 flights.

"We will take a wait and see approach later to see if we can or should
resume operations," Mainz said.

Mainz said Southwest will relax its fare rules to allow them to rebook
at no penalties.

To check the status of your flight, visit the DIA Web site at
FlyDenver.com or check the Web site for your local airline.

If you wish to unsubscribe from the AIRLINE List, please send an E-mail to:
"listserv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx".  Within the body of the text, only write the following:"SIGNOFF AIRLINE".