Thousands of Burners Leave Reno, Many Crowd Airport

http://www.ktvn.com/Global/story.asp?S=8932646&nav=menu549_2

Thousands of Burners Leave Reno, Many Crowd Airport

Patranya Bhoolsuwan
Channel 2 News

It's a big travel day across the country but you probably won't see many crowds like the ones at Reno-Tahoe International Airport.

Many of the passengers are Burners fresh off the Black Rock Desert. And that means along with their luggage, many of them also carried dust from the Playa along with them.

You can see it on their body, shoes, luggage and clothes. Airport officials say they don't mind the extra clean-up as long as folks had a good time in northern Nevada. "We're the welcome mat of the region and we appreciate the Burners and the business they bring. We give them the best business we can," said Reno-Tahoe Airport spokesperson, Brian Kulpin.

Vistors to Burning Man this year came from around the world. We talked to Burners from Japan and France, as well as those from New York and New Hampshire.

Many Burners who left Monday started their trip at the Burning Man Welcome Center inside the airport. It's the first year organizers set up an informational booth at Reno Tahoe and airport officials expect them to be back next year.

Aside from extra customer service employees, the airprot also brought in extra janitorial staff to clean up all the dust left behind.

If you wish to unsubscribe from the AIRLINE List, please send an E-mail to:
"listserv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx".  Within the body of the text, only write the following:"SIGNOFF AIRLINE".