Flight cancellations possible at Monroe [Louisiana] Airport as storm looms

http://www.thenewsstar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=3D/20080901/UPDATES01/=
80901017

Flight cancellations possible at Monroe Airport as storm looms

By Robbie Evans =E2=80=A2 revans@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx =E2=80=A2 September 1, 200=
8

Airline flights from the Monroe Regional Airport over the next day are ques=
tionable at best at the region prepares for severe storms spawned by Hurric=
ane Gustav.

Continental Airlines canceled a morning flight today to Houston and more ca=
nceled flights from the airport will depend on the severity of the weather =
over the next two days, according to Airport director Cleve Norrell.

"We're still kind of up in the air," Norrell said, who had been in constant=
 contact with airport personnel today. "I think it all really depends on wh=
en the weather will get here and what it does. I wouldn't look for much goi=
ng on at the airport because I don't think the airlines will be sending in =
aircraft that have a chance of getting stranded here."

Sustained winds of nearly 30 miles an hour and rain squalls are forecast fo=
r the region for much of Tuesday has Gustav continues its track through Lou=
isiana and the Gulf Coast region.

=0A=0A=0A

If you wish to unsubscribe from the AIRLINE List, please send an E-mail to:
"listserv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx".  Within the body of the text, only write the following:"SIGNOFF AIRLINE".