The NW WorldPerks Email

Your WorldPerks # is XXXXXXXXXX

Dear Reagan Dupont,

As a valued Northwest Airlines customer and
WorldPerks® member, I wanted you to be among the first
to hear that we have announced a merger with Delta Air
Lines. Subject to regulatory review, our two airlines
are joining forces to create America?s premier global
airline which, upon closing of the merger, will be
called Delta Air Lines.

By combining Northwest and Delta, we are building a
stronger, more resilient airline that will be a leader
in providing customer service and value. Our combined
airline will offer unprecedented access to the world,
enabling you to fly to more destinations, have more
flight choices and more ways than ever to earn and
redeem your WorldPerks miles.

You can be assured that your WorldPerks miles and
Elite program status will be unaffected by this
merger. In addition, you can continue to earn miles
through use of partners like WorldPerks Visa®. And
once the new Delta Air Lines emerges you can look
forward to being a part of the world?s largest
frequent flyer program with expanded benefits.

The combined Delta Air Lines will serve more U.S.
communities and connect to more worldwide destinations
than any global airline. Our hubs ? both Delta?s and
Northwest?s ? will be retained and enhanced. We will
be the only U.S. airline to offer direct service from
the United States to all of the world?s major business
centers in Asia, Latin America, Europe, Africa and
around North America.

Both airlines bring tremendous strengths to this new
partnership. Our complementary service networks form
an end-to-end system that is truly greater than the
sum of its parts. This is a merger by addition, not
subtraction, which means all of our hubs ? both
Northwest?s and Delta?s ? will be retained. In
addition, building on both airlines? proud,
decades-long history of serving small communities, we
plan to enhance global connections to small towns and
cities across the U.S.

All of these positive benefits of our combination mean
that we can:

* Offer a true global network where our customers will
be able to fly to more destinations, have more
schedule options and more opportunities to earn and
redeem frequent flyer miles in what will become the
world?s best and most comprehensive frequent flyer
program.

* Continue to serve our current roster of destinations
and to maintain our hubs in Atlanta, Cincinnati,
Detroit, Memphis, Minneapolis/St. Paul, New York, Salt
Lake City, Amsterdam and Tokyo.

* Improve our customers? travel experience, through
new products and services including enhanced
self-service tools, better bag-tracking technology,
more onboard services, including more meal options,
new seats and refurbished cabins.

While we work to secure approval of our merger, which
may take up to 6 to 8 months, it will be
business-as-usual at both airlines. We will continue
to operate as independent airlines and the people of
Northwest will remain focused on providing you with
the very best in safe, reliable and convenient air
travel. At the same time, both airlines will be
planning for a seamless integration of our two
airlines, one that delivers to you the enhanced
benefits that will earn ? and retain - your
preference.

As we work through this process, we will keep you
informed at every step along the way. Thank you for
your business and we look forward to serving you on
your next Northwest flight.

Sincerely,

Bob Soukup
Managing Director, WorldPerks