[no subject]

Toddler found alive in plane wreckage =0ATue Oct 30, 7:25 AM ET =0AGOLDEN, =
British Columbia - A 3-year-old girl found alive in the upside-down wreckag=
e of an airplane survived because she was strapped in a car seat, rescuers =
said. They said they knew she was OK when she cried for her teddy bear. =0A=
ADVERTISEMENT=0A=0A=0ASunday's crash killed Kate Williams' pilot-grandfathe=
r, Allen D. Williams, 65, and another passenger, authorities said.=0AThe pl=
ane was found nose down and flipped over in the icy water at the edge of a =
riverbank in the rugged mountains of southeast British Columbia.=0A"What sa=
ved her life was being strapped into that car seat," said Mike Plonka, a me=
mber of Golden's search-and-rescue team. "You could see that she was very s=
cared. Her big concern at the time was her little teddy bear. She didn't wa=
nt to leave without it. ...=0A"She was just pointing at it and calling it '=
Baby,'" he said Monday.=0AThe girl suffered head injuries but was listed as=
 stable, hospital officials in Golden said. She was reunited with her paren=
ts.=0APolice said the Cessna 172 was on its way to Edmonton when it took of=
f from Golden around 1 p.m. Sunday into low clouds and snow. Visibility was=
 poor.=0AAn hour later, the Search and Rescue Centre in Victoria picked up =
the plane's emergency transmitter signal from somewhere near the Blaeberry =
River.=0AA team using a hand-held beacon locator found the wreckage, and tw=
o military search and rescue technicians =97 Sgt. Scott Elliston and Master=
 Cpl. Bruno Lapointe =97 landed nearby in a helicopter.=0AAs they checked f=
or survivors, they discovered the girl alive but surrounded by debris in th=
e back of the plane. The two soldiers tried to remove her from the wreckage=
, but she made it clear she didn't want to leave without her teddy bear.=0A=
"I got her out and I handed her to Bruno. She was calling out for her teddy=
 bear. I picked up the teddy bear to give it to her but it was covered in s=
now. She wasn't too happy that it was covered in snow so I brushed it off,"=
 Elliston said.=0AWilliams was CEO and founder of Edmonton-based A.D. Willi=
ams Engineering Inc. The passenger who was killed, Steven T. Sutton, was ch=
ief financial officer. The two had been attending a business retreat in Gol=
den.=0AThe cause of the accident was under investigation.

If you wish to unsubscribe from the AIRLINE List, please send an E-mail to:
"listserv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx".  Within the body of the text, only write the following:"SIGNOFF AIRLINE".