SFGate: Southwest Airlines says additional flights will start in June

=20
This article was sent to you by someone who found it on SFGate.
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=3D/n/a/2007/03/08/financial/=
f113741S44.DTL
Thursday, March 8, 2007 (AP)
Southwest Airlines says additional flights will start in June

   (03-08) 14:25 PST DALLAS, (AP) --

   Southwest Airlines announced Thursday it is adding 18 flights in 15 citi=
es
this summer as the discount carrier expands its fleet of aircraft.

   Starting in June, Southwest will have daily nonstop flights between Fort
Lauderdale, Fla., and Providence, R.I., as well as between Houston's Hobby
Airport and San Diego.

   On June 17, the airline said it would begin five new daily nonstop
roundtrip flights between Denver and Oakland, Calif.

   By Aug. 4, Southwest will have one new daily nonstop roundtrip between
Baltimore and Oklahoma City, as well as an additional daily nonstop
roundtrip between Baltimore and St. Louis, for a total of five daily.

   The Dallas-based company's fleet will grow by between 7 percent and 8
percent this year with the addition of 37 new Boeing 737s, Chief Executive
Officer Gary Kelly said.

   "We have already announced that we will begin service in San Francisco
later this year, and we will continue to add routes within our existing
network," he said in a release.

   Southwest Airlines Co. shares rose 20 cents, or 1.3 percent, to close at
$15.15 on the New York Stock Exchange.

   ___

   On the Net:

Copyright 2007 AP