Cayman Airways announces new CEO, VP Commercial

PRESS RELEASE
CAL CEO and VP Commercial Announced

GEORGE TOWN, GRAND CAYMAN, B. W. I. ? February 15, 2007 ? Cayman Airways
successfully filled two of the top posts in the company this week.

?After months of recruitment the Board is pleased to announce the
appointment of Patrick Strasburger as CEO and John Wrightington as VP
Commercial,? said Angelyn Hernandez, Chairman of the Board.

Strasburger, a veteran airline executive from the United States with a
varied background in senior roles at both Continental and Spirit Airlines,
takes up his new role effective 12 March 2007.

?Mr. Strasburger comes well prepared for the challenge,? added Hernandez,
?as former Vice President of Airport Services with Spirit, he led all
airport activities, from cargo sales and baggage service to training for the
largest privately-owned airline in the United States.?

While at Spirit, Strasburger provided direct leadership and management for
over 700 employees, negotiated and oversaw contract ground handling services
in excess of $25.5 million and was responsible for an annual operating
budget of $85 million.

Among his successes at Spirit Airlines, Strasburger developed and
implemented a comprehensive plan to maximize staffing efficiency and
performance, resulting in greater on-time performance, significant
improvements to productivity and customer service. He also upgraded all
training programmes and developed a formal management performance, planning
and review process by providing specific, measurable, achievable and
challenging performance goals.

Prior to his post at Spirit, Strasburger was the Managing Director for
International Operations and Cargo at Continental Airlines. There, he
directed all airport and cargo operations and managed over 800 employees at
58 airport and cargo locations in 26 countries from Europe, Mexico, Central
and South America, to the Caribbean and Canada. He held operating budget
responsibility for $225 million and cargo revenue responsibility of $75
million.

According to Strasburger, ?Like many regional airlines, Cayman Airways is
not without its challenges, but I believe the right elements are in place
for the airline to succeed; friendly, energetic staff, and unwavering
support from the board and shareholder.?

The new VP Commercial at Cayman Airways, John Wrightington is also an
airline veteran, most recently Managing Director Network Management for
Caribbean Star Airlines. The Eastern Caribbean airline serves 12 gateways
with 637 weekly flights with a fleet of 11 aircraft from its base in
Antigua.

Wrightington, scheduled to take up this post on 26 February, will be
responsible for all commercial aspects such as Sales, Distribution,
Promotion, Product, Network Management and the Cargo Department.

?Having lived and worked in the Caribbean I am keenly aware of the unique
challenges Caribbean airlines must overcome especially while facing some of
the largest airlines in the world like American and Delta,? commented
Wrightington.

During his tenure at Caribbean Star Airlines, Wrightington had oversight of
route planning, scheduling, revenue management and pricing. Among his
strengths are the development of comprehensive business plans to optimize
revenue opportunities.

?It is imperative to the success of the turnaround strategy that we have a
competent resource driving the Commercial efforts of the airline,? said
Hernandez. ?We feel that Mr. Wrightington possesses the relevant skills and
experience to provide the commercial leadership that we need.?

In addition to his experience in the Caribbean, Wrightington also served as
Director Network Planning for ATA Airlines; a privately owned carrier based
in Indianapolis, with a fleet of 30 aircraft, 2700 staff and 2005 revenues
of $1.1 billion.

The V.P. Commercial is one of four posts at the Cayman Airways Executive
Management level, reporting in to the CEO. The Board continues its work to
fill the vacant post of VP Finance. The remaining VP positions are held by
Caymanians: Fabian Whorms, V.P. Maintenance and Engineering and Kris
Bergstrom, V.P. Flight Operations.

The Board and executive team of Cayman Airways continue to implement its
Turnaround Plan to improve operations and the financial performance of the
airline. ?The successful recruitment of experienced airline professionals
like Mr. Strasburger and Mr. Wrightington can only serve to enhance our
chances of success with our Turnaround Plan,? concluded Hernandez.

As the National Flag Carrier of the Cayman Islands, Cayman Airways? schedule
includes non-stop Boeing 737 jet service between Boston, Chicago, Houston,
Orlando, Tampa, Miami, Ft. Lauderdale and Grand Cayman, and jet service to
Cayman Brac and Kingston and Montego Bay, Jamaica and Havana, Cuba.  Cayman
Airways also operates frequent daily turbo-prop services via Cayman Airways
Express between the three Cayman Islands, Grand Cayman, Cayman Brac and
Little Cayman. For additional information, contact your travel agent or
Cayman Airways at 1-800-4-CAYMAN. In the Cayman Islands please call
345-949-2311.

Be sure to visit Cayman Airways? website www.caymanairways.com for
up-to-date company news, fare and schedule information and to take advantage
of our special pricing offers. (KX)
-end-

Find a local pizza place, movie theater, and more?.then map the best route!