United Airlines Announces Important Change to Its Mileage Plus Frequent Flyer Program

United Airlines Announces Important Change to Its Mileage Plus Frequent Fly=
er Program =0A=0A =0A=0AFriday January 19, 3:29 PM EST =0A=0A=0ACHICAGO, Ja=
n 19, 2007 /PRNewswire-FirstCall via COMTEX/ -- United Airlines today annou=
nced that Mileage Plus frequent flyer miles that are in accounts which are =
inactive for 18 months will expire. By shortening the amount of time a Mile=
age Plus account can remain inactive, United's most loyal customers will co=
mpete with fewer people for award seats, making it easier for them to redee=
m their miles.=0A"This change makes our Mileage Plus program better for cus=
tomers who are most loyal to United, reduces our operating costs and brings=
 our program in line with major competitors," said Dennis Cary, senior vice=
 president - Marketing. "We offer several ways our customers can easily sta=
y active in our Mileage Plus program and enjoy the benefits that come with =
earning and redeeming miles with United."=0A=0AMileage Plus accounts that h=
ave not earned or redeemed miles since July 1, 2006 will have associated mi=
les expire on Dec. 31, 2007. There are several ways customers can keep thei=
r Mileage Plus accounts active:=0A    --  fly on United or one of its 28 ai=
rline partners=0A    --  use or sign-up for a Mileage Plus Visa credit or d=
ebit card=0A    --  purchase products or services from more than 100 travel=
 and retail=0A        partners=0A    --  use miles by taking a trip to one =
of the 841 destinations United and=0A        its partners serve=0A    --  u=
se miles for merchandise, hotel stays and dining=0A    --  transfer miles t=
o another Mileage Plus member=0A    --  donate miles to the Mileage Plus Ch=
arity Miles program=0A=0A=0AUnited recommends that its customers go to unit=
ed.com and update their Mileage Plus account information to receive additio=
nal information about this change.=0AAbout United Mileage Plus=0AUnited Mil=
eage Plus, with nearly 48 million enrolled members, has been voted the best=
 frequent flier program by readers of Business Traveler for the past 10 yea=
rs (Nov.1996-Nov. 2005), by Travel Savvy magazine (Sept. 2004-Sept. 2005) a=
nd by Global Traveler (Nov. 2004-Nov. 2005). It also received the 2005 Fros=
t & Sullivan CEO Choice Award for Best Frequent Flyer Program. Members earn=
 miles by flying on United, Ted(SM), United Express(R) or Star Alliance air=
lines, or by purchasing products or services through the comprehensive netw=
ork of more than 100 participating Mileage Plus partners at more than 10,00=
0 locations worldwide. Mileage Plus also offers one of the most extensive s=
elections of award travel destinations, including 841 destinations in 157 c=
ountries. For more information, a complete list of Mileage Plus partners, o=
r to enroll, visit united.com.=0AAbout United=0AUnited Airlines (UAUA) oper=
ates more than 3,700* flights a day on United, United Express and Ted to mo=
re than 210 U.S. domestic and international destinations from its hubs in L=
os Angeles, San Francisco, Denver, Chicago and Washington, D.C. With key gl=
obal air rights in the Asia- Pacific region, Europe and Latin America, Unit=
ed is one of the largest international carriers based in the United States.=
 United also is a founding member of Star Alliance, which provides connecti=
ons for our customers to 841 destinations in 157 countries worldwide. Unite=
d's more than 55,000 employees reside in every U.S. state and in many count=
ries around the world. News releases and other information about United can=
 be found at the company's Web site at united.com.=0A    *Based on the flig=
ht schedule between May 1, 2006 and Dec