Re: Column: SFO jets approach over Peninsula when wind shifts

I love that approach and wish they used it more often (although I'm
sure that would not be very popular among local residents).  I went
to Mills High School (mentioned in the article) and my parents' house
is in the hills above the airport, right about where the planes turn
onto a short final.  It is indeed pretty dramatic.

It seems to me that they used the approach more often in past years.
Now it seems to be just a couple of days a year. Either the current
crop of airliners are more amenable to crosswind landings than
previously, or the noise-abatement lobby has become the tail wagging
the dog here.

--
Michael C. Berch
mcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx