Clearing DEN Out

I believe a few of you on the list are airline operations people.  I'm
sitting here, very curious about DEN's closing - its duration and
scope.  ABC's World News Tonight reports that 5000 people are stuck at
the airport.  I'm curious about a few questions related to
passenger/commercial traffic at DEN.

1. Did all unnecessary commercial aircraft leave DEN in advance of the
storm?

2. Were those who had DEN connections after the airport closed
accommodated somehow?  ABC showed a very messy scene at ORD tonight, so
I imagine those connecting through DEN found very few spots on other
airplanes.

3. Since this is a weather problem, if I had a UA ticket (for example),
I couldn't be 240'ed to NW (again for example).  Correct?

4. Any clue how stranded passengers will be taken care of, once DEN
opens?  Will airlines fly deadhead planes into DEN to pick up stranded
passengers?  (i.e. an extra UA plane would fly ticketed DEN-LAS
passengers stuck at DEN.)

Just thinking out loud, as I have no airline employment experience.
I've just studied the industry a bit.

- Blaine