Fire on Plane Forces Landing in Colorado

Bet we find our it was a personal oxygen unit that the FAA now allows on bo=
ard. How can we be sure the person kept it in good condition? This is why t=
hey should not allow personal units.=0A =0A =0AFire on Plane Forces Landing=
 in Colorado =0AU.S. Video=0A=0A=0A=0A=0AAdvertisement=0A=0A=0A =0A=0ABuy A=
P Photo Reprints=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0ACOLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (AP) -- A p=
ersonal air filter sparked a fire Friday on a Continental Airlines jet with=
 160 people on board, forcing an emergency landing.=0ASix people were taken=
 to a hospital, officials said. Their condition was not immediately known, =
John McGinley, Colorado Springs Airport's assistant director of operations,=
 told The Gazette of Colorado Springs.=0AFlight attendants put out the flam=
es, and the plane landed safely at around 5 p.m. Mountain time, Continental=
 spokeswoman Julie King told The Associated Press.=0AThe battery-powered de=
vice, which is worn around the neck and filters air near the person wearing=
 it, malfunctioned and sparked a fire, King said.=0AThe person was wearing =
it when it caught fire, but it was unclear how badly hurt the person was.=
=0AFlight 1065 had 154 passengers and six crew members aboard and was en ro=
ute from Houston to Portland, Ore., King said.=0AShe said at least two seat=
 cushions needed to be replaced, she said.=0A=A9 2006 The Associated Press.=
 All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewrit=
ten or redistributed. Learn more about our Privacy Policy.