Re: TIA redux - U.S. rates travelers for terror risk

The prevailing theory in the u.s. that providing the illusion of
security is the security that is provided has gone way out of whack...

Not only do large databases of personal information have inherit
problems (how many amex card offers do you get in the mail when you
already have three of them?) but this database is being built from
extracts from databases with known problems and questionable quality
to begin with.

And unlike credit agencies, airline res systems etc. there is no
self-correction mechanism.

Then it is to be used for nefarious uses.

A good database doesn't replace good people and processes. Gasp.