Re: CRASH: Sibir Airbus A-310 Russian Airliner

My understanding is that it's OK for thrust reversers to be
inoperative so long as you know it before landing, but if you've set
landing speed and touchdown point based on them working, and they
don't, that's a problem (although it should be recoverable), but
worst of all, if *one* of them fails (i.e., asymmetric reverse thrust
on a 2-engine aircraft) that's a very, very bad problem.

--
Michael C. Berch
mcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx