CONTINENTAL AIRLINES RECEIVES J.D. POWER AND ASSOCIATES

 =20
CONTINENTAL AIRLINES RECEIVES J.D. POWER AND ASSOCIATES=20
AWARD FOR HIGHEST-RANKED NETWORK AIRLINE
=20
WASHINGTON, D.C., June 29, 2006 =E2=80=93 Continental Airlines (NYSE: CAL) =
today was ranked the highest in Customer Satisfaction Among Traditional Net=
work Carriers in North America in the J.D. Power and Associates 2006 Airlin=
e Satisfaction Index StudySM. The study, conducted by J.D. Power and Associ=
ates, surveyed more than 9,000 passengers who were asked to rate their rece=
nt airline travel experiences in several categories. Respondents favored Co=
ntinental Airlines over all the other network carriers. This marks Continen=
tal=E2=80=99s sixth customer satisfaction award by J.D. Power and Associate=
s since 1996.
A small group of employees from Continental, including Chairman and CEO Lar=
ry Kellner, accepted the award at a news conference in Washington, D.C.
 =E2=80=9CThis award validates the effort we have been making to give our c=
ustomers a better trip on our airline,=E2=80=9D said Kellner. =E2=80=9CWe h=
ave focused a lot on keeping passenger amenities intact while offering clea=
n, safe and reliable travel. On top of that, my co-workers deserve tremendo=
us credit for continuing to deliver the highest level of customer service. =
The employees who are accepting this award in Washington today are acceptin=
g on behalf of all 42,000 people who work so hard to keep our company on to=
p.=E2=80=9D
The J.D. Power and Associates study evaluated the airlines in seven key are=
as: =20

=C2=B7  Reservations=20
=C2=B7  Check-in
=C2=B7  Boarding/deplaning/baggage
=C2=B7  Aircraft=20
=C2=B7  Flight crew
=C2=B7  In-flight services
=C2=B7  Cost & fees

Traditional network airlines are measured separately from low cost airlines=
 because network airlines deliver a more comprehensive set of services and =
amenities, and their network extends through hub airports involving connect=
ions to global markets. These aspects of a trip are more difficult to manag=
e and execute due to more variables and complexity existing in the network =
airline service delivery process.  Additionally, customers surveyed have di=
fferent expectations from network carriers versus other airlines.
According to the study, business travelers on Continental showed especially=
 strong preference for the carrier.  Among network airlines in the study, C=
ontinental received the highest satisfaction among business travelers. =20
During the recent difficult period for the U.S. airline industry, Continent=
al has differentiated itself from low cost and network competitors by retai=
ning many amenities which have been discarded by competitors, including ser=
ving free meals at meal times, and offering pillows and blankets in the cab=
in.
Continental has recently earned other noteworthy recognition, including:

No. 1 Most Admired Global Airline; FORTUNE magazine (three years in a row)
No. 1 Most Admired U.S. Airline; FORTUNE magazine
Best Executive/Business Class; OAG Airline of the Year Awards (four years i=
n a row)
Best Airline Based in North America; OAG Airline of the Year Awards (three =
years in a row)
Best Trans-Atlantic and Trans-Pacific Business Class among U.S. airlines; C=
ond=C3=A9 Nast Traveler (eight years in a row)
=20
###
Roger & Amanda La France