Re: re easyjet service contrators

> recently I have been watching airline (the britsh
> version of this show[though netflix] -of course tthat's
> easyjet
> I noticed that in most of the episodes the agents
> shown seem be wearing name tags that read "Reed"
> on them
> (yes they were wearing easyjet jackets/uniforms
> but the name tags all seem to read "Reed
> so  I was wondering if that is a contractor that
> Easyjet contracts out to service their aircraft and
> tickets passengers?

Yes I think its full name is Reed Aviation, I have a feeling they
have been taken over by another company now called Aviance.

In the UK such companies are known as handling companies and
provide such services as check in, baggage handling etc. I don't
think that company does aircraft servicing of the mechanical type.

Some of the airlines provide such services for other carriers as
well. United at Heathrow handles BWIA and Air Jamaica if my memory
serves me correctly.

Not many airlines in fact do their own ground handling in the UK.

--
Dave Hedges
LHR