From: The Airline List [mailto:AIRLINE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Roger LaFrance
Sent: Tuesday, June 13, 2006 4:00 PM
To: AIRLINE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Emirates says no A380 superjumbo flights till 2008

Emirates says no A380 superjumbo flights till 2008
Tue Jun 13, 2006 2:48pm ET
=3D20
Email This Article | Print This Article | Reprints=3D20
[-] Text [+] LONDON, June 13 (Reuters) - Dubai-based airline Emirates
[EMAI=3D
R.UL], the biggest customer for the world's biggest airliner, the Airbus
A3=3D
80, said on Tuesday it had been informed by the manufacturer of a
further s=3D
ix month delay in deliveries, and now would not be able to put the plane
in=3D
to operation before January 2008.
"We have been informed by Airbus that the delivery of our A380 aircraft
wil=3D
l be delayed by six months. Emirates now expects to receive its first
A380 =3D
in October 2007, to be put into operation in January 2008," an Emirates
spo=3D
kesman said.
"We are considering our position and will be engaging with the
manufacturer=3D
 over the next few weeks," he added.
Emirates has ordered 43 of the A380, which carries a list price of $300
mil=3D
lion -- by far the largest order for the plane.
Airbus is 80 percent-owned by EADS (EAD.PA: Quote, Profile, Research),
whil=3D
e Britain's BAE Systems Plc (BA.L: Quote, Profile, Research) owns the
remai=3D
ning 20 percent.=3D20
=3DC2=3DA9 Reuters 2006. All Rights Reserved.
=3D20
Roger & Amanda La France=20