Re: Employers not staff own frequent flyer points

Although this only affects Germany directly, I think this could be =20
very bad for FF programs, especially if employers attempt to =20
establish that right in other large countries. If FF miles can't be =20
used for personal travel, the brand loyalty factor will be greatly =20
reduced on the part of business travelers, therefore FF programs =20
would be less effective as marketing tools, and that could possibly =20
spell the end of the programs.  I know from some friends and =20
colleagues who are airline management people that the airlines, at =20
least the legacy carriers with huge "overhangs" of liability for =20
earned miles, would *love* to get rid of the FF programs, but =20
everyone is afraid to be the first, and antitrust laws prevent them =20
from acting in concert.

Could this be the "tap of the hammer" that causes the FF world to =20
slowly begin to crumble?  (Some people predicted that would happen =20
after the industry's darkest days after 9/11/01, but it didn't.)

--=20
Michael C. Berch
mcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx