From: The Airline List [mailto:AIRLINE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
John W. Swiman
Sent: Thursday, April 06, 2006 11:08 PM
To: AIRLINE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Delta strike possible April 17a

There is one thing that people also have to keep in mind ..
=20
I am not one to defend the unions but lets call a Spade a Spade.. Why
not =20
for once Top management cut their salaries so that the normal workers
who keep =20
the airlines flying be able to live.
=20
I hope that most of you are aware that the majority of Flight Attendants
in =20
order to live have to get Food Stamps!..
=20
I have many friends who are busting their backs at Delta (and other =20
airlines) as a profession and have families to support!  They have had
salary=20
give-backs and in some cases have had their medical insurance either
terminated or=20
they have to now pay 80% of the cost and the coverage is  nothing.
=20
The main reason the airlines are now in deep trouble is that many of the
so =20
called established airlines had too many TOP Management people and also
when =20
they were flush with money they (the airlines) spent it like there was
no =20
tomorrow.
=20
Now it is time for Top Management to do their part and give back!
=20
Regards,
John W Swiman
=20
P.S.  I know I will get a lot of flack for writing this, but it had to
be=20
said!