SFGate: Travolta appears as 'goodwill ambassador' for airline

=20
This article was sent to you by someone who found it on SFGate.
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=3D/n/a/2006/03/29/state/n160=
729S48.DTL
Wednesday, March 29, 2006 (AP)
Travolta appears as 'goodwill ambassador' for airline

   (03-29) 16:19 PST South San Francisco (AP) --

   Actor John Travolta, who has played a hit man, a disco dancer and a
mobster, made an appearance as a goodwill ambassador on Wednesday for
Australian airline Qantas.

   Travolta joined San Francisco Mayor Gavin Newsom at a ceremony welcoming
the Australian airline back to San Francisco International Airport after a
lapse of more than a decade.

   Travolta is an experienced pilot and flying enthusiast who once flew
across the Atlantic in his private jet for a movie premiere.

   "San Francisco is a great city and I'm sure it will prove a popular
destination for visitors from Australia," said Travolta, who greeted the
first arrival from the airline shortly after 10 a.m. "On a personal note,
I'm also glad Qantas is flying to San Francisco as I formed a great
attachment to the city over the years."

   Qantas will operate three flights from Sydney to San Francisco a week. T=
he
airline previously operated flights to the airport between 1954 and 1995.

   ___

   On the Net:

   Qantas:

Copyright 2006 AP