Re: article: One-stop flights: a Wright solution?

At 05:37 PM 3/27/2006, you wrote:
>This is all be true.  You are, however, messing with Texas, the only
>Country to become a State.
>
>   Texas still retains the right to divide itself into 5 -- so it
> intrigues, but does not surprise me to see so much litigiousness
> and highly specialized interests attached to what should be a
> really simple scenario :-).
>
>David MR <damiross3@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>   If an airline wants to offer me a flight from DAL to anyplace in
> the world, I should be able to take that flight. Making DFW the
> only airport for servicing the DFW area is just plain stupid,
> un-American, and short-sighted. (Un-American because it goes
> against the spirit of capitalism)
>
>David R

Well, once they failed to bulldoze Love when they opened DFW, the
current mess probably became inevitable, as deregulation unfolded. Of
course it's mildly entertaining to imagine just how unhappy AMR would
be to have WN at DFW, flying head to head across the whole set of markets. :-)

- David