Re: SFGate: Airbus Retires Oldest Model of Airliner

Uh... perhaps both you and the news story somehow missed the Boeing
747, which was surely the first wide-bodied airliner, and the
original "jumbo jet", which first flew on February 9, 1969, and went
into commercial service for Pan Am on Junaury 22, 1970?    :-)

--
Michael C. Berch
mcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx