Re: NW - Opinions

----- Original Message -----
From: "Alireza Alivandivafa" <DEmocrat2n@xxxxxxx>
To: <AIRLINE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, March 05, 2006 1:18 AM
Subject: Re: NW - Opinions

> Here are some short answers.  NW doesn't fly to Wales, your friend
> will be
> flying at least part of their journey on KLM, which will not be on
> strike.
> Second, NW will not be on strike on Friday, so they really don't have
> to worry.
> Finally, the terms of NW's TATL deal with KLM likely will mean your
> friend is
> well taken care of even if there is a strike.

Not to rain on this parade, but:

Through stupidity I bought a round trip on NWA CMH-DTW-MDW(
Columbus-Midway via Detroit ).  After using curbside checkin I was told
to go to the NWA counter, where it was announced that the CMH-DTW leg
was cancelled.  (I was offered to go via DFW or take ORD.  I took ORD).

The man in line behind me was trying to get to Mumbai (for an
unspecified connection) via Amsterdam.  He was told he would be taken to
New York and put up overnight in a hotel and then find out what else
would happen to him. (8^((

Gerry
http://www.pbase.com/gfoley9999/
http://www.wilowud.net/