Qantas service SFO-YVR?

I work on airline/airport articles on Wikipedia, and one of my
colleagues noted a Qantas press release announcing the resumption of
service from Sydney to SFO later this month, which is of course very
welcome. (Although, since I am wedded to UA and StarAlliance, I'll
probably never get to take it.) The press release also refers to a
planned "extension" of the route to Vancouver during the northern-
summer peak season, and my colleague added Vancouver as a destination
to the Qantas listing in the SFO article. (Wikiproject Airports has a
somewhat strict definition of "destination" for the purpose of
airport articles; this gets discussed a lot, especially whether to
list destinations that are not non-stop for segment-length reasons,
but are marketed as "direct", like LHR-SYD which stops at BKK; plus
UA and others use through flight numbers with change-of-gauge at
hubs, like SFO-IAD-FRA, and so forth.)

In any case, does anyone know if QF actually has traffic rights SFO-
YVR, or if the segment is only available to YVR through pax to/from
SYD?   (I'm interested for myself as well as for Wikipedia, since I
got to Vancouver now and then, and it would be a big hoot to do it on
a QF 744!)

--
Michael C. Berch
mcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx