Re: Thrust Reverser

Gerard M Foley wrote:

> [...]

IIRC, the Maintenance Manual and Aircraft QRH would be the final arbiters.

Generally, if you know about a reverser issue beforehand, you want it
physically locked out, on the ground, before flight, to avoid an
assymetric deployment on landing, or "creep" inflight.

The report suggests it was noticed inflight, suggesting anything from
(most likely) a microswitch out of alignment to "creep", to a partial
deployment.

Best to get it back on the ground and sort it out there, which sounds
from the report like what happened.

Reversers are not required on landing, but they need to be there and
symmetric, if you are relying on them for landing performance calculations.

- RWM