Humours radio incidents between ATC and Pilots

I got the following one PaulMcelory (who wrote
Tracon)
San Jose, California

After landing long to the southeast (due to rare
winter winds), a Continental flight radioed the tower
to say: ?OK, we?re stopped. Which way do we go??

The response: ?Taxi to the ramp via Interstate 880,
Coleman exit. If unable, we?ll call one for ?ya.?

? Continental Airlines Captain Mr. Bill

Fort Wayne, Indiana

I heard this one with my own big ears in the Fort
Wayne Tower in the late 1960s. The subject phraseology
was something I?d heard before as a joke, but this was
real.

The local controller was very busy, hardly taking time
to breathe between transmissions to aircraft in the
VFR traffic pattern, when the pilot of an AC68
transmitted, ?There?s a flock of ducks right at
pattern altitude on downwind.?

Without a pause, the local controller fired back: ?If
you can contact the leader, tell him to get the flock
out of there.?

? Mac Hayes (retired): Fort Wayne, Indiana, Tower

While taxiing to park after landing, an F-15 pilot
radioed, ?Ground, Racer zero-one has just struck a
coyote.?

?Racer zero-one, do you need any assistance,? the
Tower controller replied.

?Negative, Ground. He?s dead.?

? Jeff Plendl: Holloman Air Force Base

The a controller (working departure radar one night,
issued a warning to a Braniff Boeing 720 that had just
taken off. ?Traffic twelve o?clock, three miles,
several targets, possibly a flight of ducks.? The
pilot responded by asking, ?Do those ducks paint
(appear on your radarscope) better if they?re banded??
To which the controller responded, ?No, but it?d sure
help if they had a transponder.? The Braniff pilot
then quipped, ?Well, they squawk, don?t they??