Re: DL reward travel question

Thanks for the link! This is going to help me when I call back today.

-----Original Message-----
From: The Airline List [mailto:AIRLINE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
David Mueller
Sent: Wednesday, January 18, 2006 8:43 PM
To: AIRLINE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: DL reward travel question

Tyler Munoz wrote:
> I'm trying to book a flight on DL or a SkyTeam airline for August in
> first class. I was informed by the DL representative that they no
longer
> offer first class award travel on any SkyTeam airline, but I didn't
ever
> receive any notice of this and I have never heard anyone else mention
> it. Does anyone know if this is the new policy and why it was changed?
> Thanks in advance!

Call back, and hope you get a competent agent.  Not that that's very=20
likely.  Delta still offers first class awards on SkyTeam:

http://www.delta.com/skymiles/use_miles/award_upgrade_mileage/delta_mult
i_airline_awards/index.jsp

Though you might want to try booking online, since they'll charge an=20
extra $10 to do an award reservation over the phone.  My parents tried=20
booking award tickets online, my mother's went through but my father's=20
did not, and the web site said to call.  The agent completed the=20
reservation, but something was up when the amount they said they were=20
charging was $10 more than the web site had charged (they had to pay=20
some taxes as it was an international ticket).  We asked for a=20
supervisor who issued the credit as they're not supposed to charge the=20
extra $10 when the call center has to complete a failed online booking,=20
but the agent didn't know that.

However, you can only book Delta/Delta Connection/Song operated flights=20
online, not SkyTeam.

--=20
David Mueller / SAN
dsm717@xxxxxxxxx