From: The Airline List [mailto:AIRLINE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
David MR
Sent: Wednesday, January 11, 2006 3:23 PM
To: AIRLINE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: US transport chief ponders Delta-Northwest merger By Lucy
Hornby

Between Delta and Northwest (and probably any other pairs of legacy
airlines), there's little duplication in actual nonstop routes due the
the hub-and-spoke system they have.  Many of the duplicates are between
Delta's hubs and Northwest's hubs, along with some long distance
flights.

You're second paragraph hits the hammer on the nail.  The problem with
airlines today is that they are ran by MBA's who see the airlines as
just another business and not people who are truly interested in the
airlines as a unique business.  Sadly, gone are the days when aviators
ran the airlines.  That noise you hear are Bob Six, Eddie Rickenbacker,
Juan Trippe, and other airline greats rolling over in their graves.

David R

-------------- Original message --------------=20
From: Michael Burris <yyz_02140@xxxxxxxxx>=20