Re: SFGate: Museum in D.C. to Update Story of Aviation

Perhaps REG Davies is going to take some of the great
stuff (Airliner Models in my opinion) from the upper
floors, which is on display, but not the the general
public. I had the opportunity back when AIRLINERS
magazine still had a relationship with Ron Davies, to
go up there and see all the great "stuff". It would
blow you away, especially if you are into Airliner
Models.

It's kind of a shame, there is so much neat "stuff"
there for the Airliner fans, but, you can't see it.
God knows what kind of "stuff" is hidden behind closed
doors there........

Wally, have you been up there?

Bryant Petitt
Cumming, GA

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=3D/n/a/2005/12/30/national/w=
> 170804S83.DTL

> Friday, December 30, 2005 (AP)
> Museum in D.C. to Update Story of Aviation
>

>    (12-30) 17:08 PST WASHINGTON, (AP) --
>
>    The National Air and Space museum, one of the
> capital's biggest tourist
> attractions, is temporarily closing a gallery to
> update the story of
> aviation in America.
>
>    Closing on Jan. 9 will be the wing containing
> exhibits on air transport,
> which include relics from the earliest days of mail
> delivery and the
> forward fuselage of a 1950s-era DC-7 airliner.
>
>    The wing will reopen in 2007 with a new exhibit
> called "America by Air,"=
> history of commercial air travel from the earliest
> airlines to the
> present.
>
>    While the area is closed, planes will still be
> visible over the barriers
> on the first floor and from the gallery on the
> second floor. --------------=

> Copyright 2005 AP

Just $16.99/mo. or less.
dsl.yahoo.com